Well the Commonwealth Games will be here before we know it.
Please be aware that there will be Trains, Trams and Busses running 24/7 during the games with a lot of extra services being run during peak times.
ALSO PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE M1 WILL BE DECREASING ITS SPEED LIMITS ,
There will also be dedicated lanes around called GAMES LANE, these are reserved for public transport, officials and emergency vehicles. Penalties will apply for unauthorised vehicles.
Please click on the below to check out the Schedule.
— Beattie Rd between Dreamworld Parkway and Lorenzo Dr, also between Foxwell Rd and Dreamworld Parkway (March 30- April 16).
- Dreamworld Parkway between Foxwell Rd and Beattie Rd (March 30-April 16).
— Oxenford Studios internal road (March 31-April 16).
— Gold Coast Highway between Stevens St and Marine Pde (March 31-April 16).
- North St between Scarborough St and Gold Coast Highway (March 31-April 16).
- Nind St between Scarborough St and Gold Coast Highway (March 31-April 16).
- Nerang St between Scarborough Street and Gold Coast Highway (April 3-15).
- Young St (April 3-15).
- Davenport St between Nerang St and Young St (April 3-15).
The Gold Coast Commonwealth Games mascot Borobi the Koala. Picture: David Clark.
— The Esplanade between Peppers Soul roundabout and Hanlan St (April 4-15).
— Armrick Ave between Surf Pde and Old Burleigh Rd and Gold Coast Highway
and Surf Pde (March 6-April 25).
- Chelsea Ave between Gold Coast Highway and Surf Pde, also between Surf Pde and Broadbeach Blvd.
— Rosewood Ave (March 19-April 17).
- St Kilda Ave (March 19-April 17).
- Second Ave (March 19-April 17).
- Surf Pde between Chelsea Ave and Second Ave (March 19-April 17).
- Surf Pde between Charles and Queensland avenues (March 26-April 18).
- Albert Ave between Old Burleigh Rd and Surf Pde (March 26-April 18).
- Victoria Ave (March 26-April 18).
— Stadium Dr (April 6-16).
- East Lane (April 6-16).
- Promethean Way (April 10-15).
- Centreline Pl (April 10-15).
- Cheltenham Dr between Laver Dr and Robina Station Rd (April 13-15).
- Robina Station Rd (April 13-15).
- Paddington Pl (April 10-15).
— Marine Pde between Pizza Hut roundabout and McLean St, also between McLean St and Warner St.
— McLean St between Marine Pde and Griffith St (April 4-18).
- Oceanway pedestrian cycle path around headland (until mid-April).
— Pacific Pde (April 3-17).
— Lawson St (April 12).
- Stevens St (April 12).
- Martin St (April 12).
- Hope St (April 6-12).
- Ferry Street (between Mylor and Stevens Streets)
The Nerang Mountain Bike Trails make up the first international standard mountain bike course located in South East Qld. During GC2018 this will be the site for the challenging Mountain Bike Cycling event.
- Nerang Broadbeach Road (between Chisholm Road and Ross Street) (Late March-18 april)
- Alabaster Drive (Late March - 18 April)
- Boulton Drive (4-18 April) Local access to residents only. APPLY FOR THESE RESIDENTS PASSES NOW.
The Carrara area will be Hosting the Opening and Closing Ceremonies and all the sessions of the Athletics Track and Field. Para Powerlifting and Weightlifting Wrestling and Badminton.
FOR ANDREW AND EMMA IT WILL BE BUSINESS AS USUAL, SO IF YOU ARE TAKING THE TIME OFF DURING THE GAMES AND THINKING ABOUT MOVING HOME, PLEASE DONT HESITATE TO GIVE US A CALL. WE WISH YOU ALL A TERRIFIC AND EXCITING TIME.